Tour & Travel Packages
How To Reach
The nearest airport for Shimla is the Jubberhatti Airport, situated 22 km from Shimla. Daily commercial service is operational at the Jubberhatti Airport to and from Delhi, by Kingfisher. Owing to the runway space only a turboprop Dornier aircraft can land here
There is regular bus and taxi services via road. Shimla is connected by a national highway. Majorly long route government transportation buses are available but you can also travel through Volvo buses. From Shimla it would take 15 km to Kufri.
UNESCO has granted Kalka-Shimla Railway the status of World Heritage Site. The meandering narrow gauges railway experience through the toy train will take you back to the British Raj. As the train passes tunnel after tunnel you’ll reach one step closer to your destination “Shimla”. There are four train services per day mainly Kalka Shimla Passenger, Shivalik Deluxe Express, Kalka Shimla Mail and Himalayan Queen Express.
Things to do
- Sankat Mochan
- Tara Devi Temple
- Jakhoo Temple
- Nanina Devi
- Christ Church
- Dorje Drag Monastery
- Potter Hills
There are many brand outlets on mall offering great shopping options, Lower Bazaar (local jam packed market), Lakkar Bazar( antique and wood works)
- Christ Church
- Vice Regal Lodge (Indian Institute of Advanced Study)
- Gorton Castle
- The Railway Board Building (Now AG Office)
- Gaiety Theatre( recently remodeled)
- WoodVille Palace(converted into a Hotel)
Shimla has it all – greenery, hilltops with stunning views, indigenous temples, sports and leisure activities, commingle of cultures and exciting shopping spots.
- City Name – Shimlaa/Simla (Older Version)
- Prevalent Language – Hindi/Pahari (local dialect)/ Punjabi
- Climate – Subtropical Highland
- Altitude – 2,205 meters (7,234 ft) above sea
- Clothing & Accessories – Pair of good walking shoes, warm clothes (as weather is unpredictable), heavy winter wear (if visiting between November – Mid March).
- STD Code – 0177
- Seven Hills – Kufri is surrounded by seven hills known by names of Prospect Hill, Summer Hill, Inverarm, Bantony, Jakhoo, Elysium and Observatory Hill.
- World’s Tallest Hanuman (Monkey God) Statue Situated on Jakhoo Hill
- Mall Road connected to cart road through a lift.
Looking for a short Himachal Trips? HPTT offers one of the best trips on your desired location in Himachal Pradesh. HPTT has something available for nature darlings, honeymooners, experience sweethearts, history buffs and profound searchers.
The difference in its variety is to be believed to be accepted. You have rich valleys like Kinnaur, Kullu and Kangra and fruitless territories of Lahaul and Spiti.
Stories of Malana intrigue sightseers as much as the Buddhist culture in Mcleodganj. Investigating Dalhousie, with its rich pilgrim past, is sheer pleasure. The well known Slope stations like Shimla, Kullu and Manali are spotted with glades, plantations, interesting towns and rich pioneer past. Any touring visit through Himachal ought to incorporate its superb lakes. Tranquil and still, they mirror the environmental factors, both in a real sense and emblematically. A couple of the celebrated lakes are Renuka, Rewalsar, Prashar, Suraj Tal and Chandratal. The perspectives on the Himalayan Reaches fill you with energy, from head to toe.